Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thing 1 Is Growing Up

Today, I realized that Thing 1 (age 7) is growing up. Oh, I've seen it coming for some time now. But today, it finally sunk in.

This morning she said, "Can we have eggs for breakfast?" When I told her we could, she said, "Great! I'll crack the eggs and stir them up." And she did!

Very well!

She also added all the spices for my special "Gig 'Em Aggie" scrambled eggs. Her Dad makes "Hook 'Em Horns" scrambled eggs (she secretly tells us both that she likes ours the best!).

Not only did she (mostly) make breakfast, she also helped Thing 2 with his.

Thing 2 was not interested in eggs this morning. He wanted waffles and cinnamon rolls. Who could blame him? Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!

Thing 1 toasted Thing 2's Eggos to perfection, poured on the syrup (got a bit carried away here), and even cut them into bite-size pieces for him.

Now let me assure you that this is not the norm around here. Not by any stretch of the imagination. That's not to say that the kids don't do nice things for each other (or us) from time to time ... because they do. But it doesn't usually happen to this degree of "niceness".

My baby is growing up.

Needless to say, I was a happy Mom this morning.

Even if it was too darn early to be making breakfast on a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment