Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our First Science Fair Experience


Thing 1 came home from school shortly before Christmas with several thick documents in her backpack that announced the highly anticipated coming of the school's Science Fair. There was no question whether or not she planned to enter a project - it was a done deal.

Now being the nightly homework, reading, and dinner parent that I am, I immediately thought, "This sounds like the perfect job for my husband!" So I assigned him Science Fair duty, and haven't looked back since.

The project is due on Wednesday, and they're very nearly done. The experiment itself (something about eggs floating in water ... or not) was finished by last weekend.

Now comes the hard part, though.

Thing 1 has to do the work herself. That means she has to put together her display with all the photos and text all by herself. I know it will be hard for my husband not to help her, but this has to be her project. In the long run, it will be a very good experience for her.
Once again, I'm a proud Mom.

I'll let you know at the end of next week how she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment