Friday, January 2, 2009

Mom! Slow the *%$! down!

The other day, Thing 2 (son, age 4) and I were on our way to pick up Thing 1 (daughter, age 7) from her afterschool program. We were running pretty late - later than usual, I should say. So with lateness and not wanting to be fined in mind, I was trying to hurry.

Now, Thing 2 has let me know on several different occasions that he thinks I should slow down. That I drive too fast. I say, "What does a 4-year-old know about driving?" So I usually thank him for his advise and continue on in my need for speed.

This time was different. This time, was one for the record books. I was approaching a stop sign pretty quickly and finally came to an abrupt hault. From the back I hear a gasping in of breath and this ...

"OH MY GOSH!"
"And I say that, because I don't want to say, 'Oh my GOD, or What the HELL.'"

I mean really! What do you say to that!? It was incredibly hard not to laugh at him, but I somehow managed not to guffaw.

I did, however, tell him that he was right.

Those were things we didn't want to say.

And then I slowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment