Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gimme Cap

There's almost nothing in this world that is cuter than a little boy with a cap on. My internal "awwww" goes off every time I see it. I've been trying for going on 5 years now to get Thing 2 to wear a cap, but he's never been that interested. Oh sure, he'd put them on for a few minutes. But it would never last very long.

A couple of weeks ago, it finally happened. We were heading out the door on our way to somewhere when he asked us to wait because he needed something from his room. Thinking it was one of his "guys", I was about to tell him that the guys weren't invited on this trip.

The next thing I know, Thing 2 is bounding down the stairs WEARING a red gimme cap from our local baseball team! He said he didn't want the sun to be in his eyes. I agreed and told him it was a good idea.

He hasn't stopped wearing that hat since. It's a regular part of his daily wardrobe now. I plan to remind him of the other caps I've purchased for him over the years. Like his John Deere tractor hat, the cute denim one from The Gap, and a few others that he threw into the back of his closet never to be seen again.

This past weekend, we visited some cousins who live on a ranch in the Texas Hill Country. The cap came along because, you know, "a guy needs a cap on the ranch". So cute. We had a great weekend! But, poor Thing 2 was so tired by Saturday night that he couldn't even stay awake for dessert.

He climbed up onto the couch, covered himself up, tipped his cap, and fell fast asleep. I think little boys might even look cuter wearing caps when they're asleep ... don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment