Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break - Time To Hit the Road

With strains of "Holiday Road" from the movie Vacation running through my head, I am eagerly anticipating our family Spring Break trip next week. Nothing too far flung, but enough of a trip to satisfy our need for "Go, See, Do".

Texas has some great places to visit, and by no means have we seen them all. So with keeping close to home in mind, here's a brief run-down of our week away from school and work. Yay!

Monday we're heading out. We plan to visit Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls to pick our own strawberries. Yum! From there, we'll head up the road to Burnet where we'll visit Longhorn Caverns. Then it's up north to Glen Rose where we'll end the day.

Tuesday in Glen Rose looks like this. A visit to Dinosaur Valley State Park where there are actual dinosaur tracks in a rock stream bed. Very cool. Of course, there are also the life-size dinosaur statues that make great photo opps too. Next on our Tuesday itinerary is a trip to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Fossil Rim is a drive-through exotic wildlife park that is an awesome experience. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are really going to love it!

On Wednesday, we'll be in Waco. There we'll visit the Mayborn Museum, which has some terrific hands-on exhibits for kids. Also in Waco is Cameron Park Zoo - a surprisingly great zoo for a town the size of Waco. My nieces, who are students at Baylor, will be taking us for a brief campus tour which will include the famous Baylor Bears. The kids are going to love that too.

From Waco, we plan to take it easy with a visit to my parents' house. We'll spend a couple of days there just relaxing and getting in some good grandparent face time. Then it's home for the weekend to get ourselves ready to get back to the grind.

If you're interested in how La Quinta has already made our trip better, check out another blog I write for the tourism industry - Tourism Tech.

I'm sure our Spring Break trip will give me lots of fodder for this blog (and hopefully Tourism Tech too). I'll get back to you as soon as I can with all the fun you can handle.

Minivan photo courtesy of kaydee did.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you visit out beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota! Gorgous mountain scenery, also Mount Rushmore. I still get goose bumps every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love to! That, to me, is the perfect family vacation - seeing some of America's iconic attractions like Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Pike's Peak. Someday ...

    ReplyDelete