Thursday, February 26, 2009

Naked or Nekkid?

A wise and funny man named Lewis Grizzard once said that there's a difference between being naked and being nekkid. Imagine a thick Southern drawl saying, "when you're naked, you ain't got no clothes on. If you're nekkid, you ain't got no clothes on ... and you're up to something!"

Thing 2 hasn't quite gotten to the "up to something" part of being nekkid, but he doesn't let that stop him.

As I was changing into comfortable after work clothes, he comes up to me stripping off articles of clothing the whole way. He proudly states, "I'm gonna be nekkid!" Then he looks at me with a concerned expression. He then tells me that he plans to be nekkid, but that he also thinks he'll leave his underwear on. Because "I don't want anybody to see THAT!"

So, for now, I'm thankful that he's never even heard of the Southern humorist Lewis Grizzard. And that he has no knowledge of what being "up to something" could possibly mean. And that wants his (ahem) parts, to remain ... private.

No comments:

Post a Comment